Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Six Holiday Favorites

While I wait for my mom to get back to me about these recipes, here's a little list of my favorite holiday-themed things that I wish were available all year 'round....

1.) Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joe's










My friend Lorene was talking about her obsession
with these a couple weeks ago. I had never tried them before because normally I'm not big on candy canes and the regular Joe-Joe's are essentially boring old Oreos (America's favorite cookie my ass...) But, when I noticed them at my local TJ's last Friday, I decided to buy a box and see what all the fuss was about. It's been four days and that box is almost gone. So. I am now publicly calling Lorene out on the internet:

Thanks a LOT for those extra five pounds, Lorene!

Anyways, as I was saying...These cookies create a chocolate/peppermint party in your mouth that's way better (and less vomit-inducing) than a York peppermint patty. And they go perfectly with a mug of hot chocolate or tea if you're not into 'overloading on chocolate in one sitting', like me. I suppose now I'll have to stock up on them for winter, like some strange Joe-Joe hoarding squirrel.

2.) The red Starbucks cup












Seriously, what marketing exec thought plain white cups were a good idea? That nice, deep, crimson--reminiscent of a fiery, late-October maple leaf--is way more pleasing and eye-catching. Man, I am in the wrong profession...

3.) Friendly's Jubilee Roll












Vani
lla, chocolate, that weird pink ripple going down the middle--Who doesn't like a Jubilee roll! I remember my mom buying this when I was a kid and every day after school I'd come home and cut my self a big, thick slice. Why she bought this for just two people, I don't really know, but I won't question it.

5.) Gingerbread Donuts










First, Dunkin Donuts came out with pumpkin. Now, they have gingerbread. And, unlike actual gingerbread, people aren't disappointed when you show up with some. However, the headline "Gingerbread Everything" is more than slightly reminiscent of this. I'm on to you, DD....

6.) All of The Holiday Episodes of Friends!

They were the best ones anyways because, let's face it: Those flashbacks featuring Courtney Cox in a fat suit are funnier than anything Ross ever said. Ever.
And now, thanks to the magic of the internet, you don't have to watch TBS every evening hoping to catch the one where Joey eats a bunch of turkey and says something stupid. Christmas dreams really do come true!

That's it.



I thought about including those white chocolate oreos, but who really likes white chocolate? Answer: No one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny because I'm eating Candy-Cane Joe Joe's while reading your post.

Emily said...

of course you are....