Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pinterest Finds: Earl Grey Muffins and Strawberry Butter

My college has been on spring break this week, but it's been more of a working holiday for me. Today was the only day I had nothing to do so, of course, I baked something. 




During my usual perusal of Pinterest,  I spotted this recipe for Earl Grey muffins and was immediately intrigued. Earl Grey is one of my favorite teas and, subsequently, as is anything infused with bergamot, the oil that gives the tea it's distinctive flavor.

I used a cup of whole wheat flour in addition to regular, and mixed in some flax seed for extra fiber. I'm guessing that's why my muffins came out a shade darker than the originals. 


Hint: check out this recipe for turning all-purpose flour into self-rising flour.

I picked up some nice strawberries yesterday and thought I'd whip up some strawberry butter, another Pinterest find, to go along with the muffins.

Pretty yummy. 


No comments: