Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Update: Sunday Edition


Ah, it's a glorious Sunday here in Boston; the kind that reminds me why I moved here in the first place (and after a New England winter, one needs such reminders.) I've brunched in the South End, paid a visit to Flour, and am planning on meeting up with some CT friends in the Fenway later on.

While at The Gallows for brunch I had something wonderful:

Grapefruit Brulee

Yes, there is such a thing and it is delicious. I assume one would need a tiny blow torch, as I don't know how well grapefruit would hold up in the broiler. I suppose there's only one way to find out.


After I finished the grapefruit, my meal of asparagus/swiss frittata, and an excellent bloody mary I decided to stop off at Flour, that bakery some people say I'm 'obsessed' with. Hey, it's been months. Anyways, I got my standard soy latte and granola bar but also picked up one of their homemade oreos.

I think I've been ruined for the real thing because this version was amazing. And yes, cookies can be amazing--at least in my world.

So it looks like the granola bar will have to wait until tomorrow, or probably just later today since
I've decided to take up the Vegan For A Week challenge beginning Monday via No More Dirty Looks

Alright. Time to go slave away on The Book for a bit before heading out to watch the Sox

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Emily, you are the only blogger that I am a fan of.

Emily said...

haha thanks Kathleen!