Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Boston Bucket List (Of Sorts)

Farewell, partial view of The Prudential Center...

I feel like I've been in a funk for the past couple of weeks. Granted, I've spent a large chunk of that time traveling between Boston, CT, and NYC. (It's a well-known fact that for every hour you spend on a Peter Pan bus, you lose one week of your life.) Then, when I actually have been home, I'm either exhausted from doing other peoples' chores all day or it's a furnace outside. So much so that the only thing I've felt like doing lately is watching succeeding episodes of Party Down on Netflix. But, I need to snap out of it because it's getting down to the wire re: my last day in Boston. In fact, I'm roughly two weeks away from moving day.


So, in honor of my departure from Beantown (and as a way to get me out of the house) I've compiled a Bucket List of sorts. No, I'm not dying, but I do believe that living in a city is a far different experience from visiting one. Hence, this isn't a 'Best of Boston' list, but more of a 'Things I never got around to doing over the past three years/Revisiting Old Favorites' list.

Cultural

The
Chihuly exhibit at the MFA (They had me at glass-blown flowers)
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (preferrably on a First Thursday)
The
ICA

Outdoors/Historical


Arnold Arboretum
Mt. Auburn Cemetery
JFK
Library /Birthplace (Probably would have made sense to go to the library at some point during the two years I went to UMB. But, I was too preoccupied with thinking about my thinking)
Jamaica Pond

Food & Bev


Trina's Starlite Lounge (Any home of the High Life is a home to me!)
Grendel's for brunch

Sullivan's Tap (or really, any place on this list)
Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe
Oleana or Sofra
Dali or Toro
New Paris Bakery
Cutty's

Crap that's a long list. I better get moving. Check out my twitter to see where I go!

No comments: