Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bye Bye Boston. It's Been Real.

Well, I didn't get through the bucket list but I did manage to make some headway. Plus, I'll be back in Beantown for various reasons over the next few months anyways. Can't stay away. Boston gets in your bloooood.

On Saturday I had a pretty epic last night out in Cambridge with some friends. We hit up ZuZu and recreated this scene from Animal House with a bunch of hipsters, but sadly no togas. Consequently, the walk home looked something like this:


When I eventually woke up on Sunday James and I went to Zaftig's in Coolidge Corner, since he's never been. Normally going there on a weekend automatically means a 2 hour wait. But it was past 3 pm so we were seated right away. Magic! I had some Gravlax to celebrate:



After lunch we drove over to lovely Jamaica Pond:



James and I had a baseball catch (I won) and then we headed up to Cambridge for ice cream at Toscanini's, which has the best ice cream I've ever had ever. Then we walked back to Boston via the Harvard bridge, which I would recommend both for the lovely views and the calorie-burning potential.

The next day I loaded a bunch of stuff into my dad's van and drove back to CT, which wasn't very interesting.

Anyways, I'm going to be traveling quite a bit over the next couple of weeks. First we're heading up to Portland on Saturday to hang out with some friends and then we're going even deeper into the wilds of Maine to spend some time at my family's camp (or vacation home for you non-Mainers.) I'm then going to go to Rhode Island because apparently my life is all about New England-based travel right now. Tough, I know. But I'll be back sometime next month with more posts about food I like to eat, restaurants I like to visit, and things I need to complain about.

No comments: