Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Postcard from NYC: A Photo Essay

I'm back in The Bean and mostly recovered from last week's massive sleep deprivation. I didn't go to any of the places on my list and I didn't take a ton of photos because most of the time I was in my pjs trying to coherce my cousin into taking a nap. Note: 'Because I said so' doesn't really work on a two year-old. Neither does frustrated crying.

But! I'll be back in NYC sometime next month for a
n 'adults only' visit. I now submit to you with minimal comments my trip:

Their apartment is across the street from The Daily Show and no Mom, I didn't see Jon Stewart. Ever. One time I saw a guy cleaning the windows though. That was pretty cool.


While out with Elizabeth on 9th Ave (aka Restaurant Row) we decided to grab some Thai at a place called Chanpen. I had the Shrimp Pad Thai after the menu declared 'You've tried the rest, now try the best!' I mean, it was good and all but not as good as Hot Basil's in West Hartford.

The Chang beer on the other hand exceeded my expectations. Perhaps because they were so low to begin with...Also, many thanks to E for the photobomb

Looks like someone had a crazy night involving Skyy Pineapple Vodka!! (I thought this was hilarious when I took it. Thank you, sleep deprived brain.)

Perfect latte from Bergamont. My aunt and uncle swear it's the best French bakery in NYC. They used to live there, so I'm gonna go with them on this one.

Ah, the Croque Madame! Take one classic French Croque Monsieur (toasted brioche, ham, swiss, bechamel) and top it with an egg. Voila!

Hudson River Park. If you've never been, do yourself a favor and change that.


Plus then you can have yummy Belgian Waffles from the Waffles and Dingles truck!


The pier to nowhere...


Actually, it's a part of this.

And this.

I call this one 'Lost Ducky'

The End.
(Told you it was short)

Next up: My Boston Bucket List.

No comments: