Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Eating My Way Through The Big E

Confession: Prior to Monday, I had never been to the Big E. Well, maybe I went when I was a baby, but that totally doesn't count. Apparently I did a lot of gnarly stuff as a child that I have no memory of, like attending a Maplethorpe show and climbing to the top of Mt Washington. Anyways, BIG E. Every year I'd say something like "Oh, we should go" and then make excuses for three weeks until it was over. "Oh well. There's always next year," I'd say. And on and on and on. Not this year, people. This year I made it. And oh what a fair it is. So many useless crap on sale, so many deliciously horrible things to eat. Come join me:



Hmmm...that seems a bit like overkill


Lil' Sebastian Jr!


Elephant is sooo siked to get some carrots!


In the Maine building I got a mini chocolate-covered whoopie pie (duh) from Wicked Woopies


Then we moved on to things on a stick...


 ... and a bone


I call this one "Girl with a Turkey Leg"


Time to make the apple cider donuts!


 I had to include this because it is the cutest thing I have ever seen


 ...and this is the scariest


Ok, back to food! Behold: Baked potato from Maine.


I enjoyed both Opa Opa's watermelon beer and it's Western-inspired tent


 Let's all go to the Clydesdale Parade!


The ubiquitous Big E cream puffs that I didn't have


And, the piece de resistance: Deep-fried oreos. I think I'm in love.

No comments: