Friday, September 2, 2011

Will Work For Produce


Last week I helped my friend Joey of Just Grow With It sell some of his delicious organic fruits and veggies (along with some mouth-watering pies) at a craft fair/market thingy. 


It was a lot of fun and in return I was given a bunch of free produce including a yellow cucumber (yep) and  some things called 'fun' tomatoes. I quite like this method of payment and wish it could be extended to other areas of my working life: Finished grading papers? Here's a basket of strawberries! Wrote an article about your mom dating? Have some baby eggplants!


I used the yellow cucumber and the fun tomatoes to make a yummy chopped salad with feta, fresh basil, olive oil, and S&P. The cuke was extra crunchy--way more than the green ones and less watery with a nice, firm texture. Best part? The salad still had a nice crunch the next day. 


No comments: