Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post-Christmas Rundown

How was your holiday? Mine was exhausting. But fun! But exhausting. By the time my holiday party rolled around on Monday, I was a baking zombie. Luckily, the cookies were a hit, so it was allll worth it. Also worth it? This yummy cocktail recipe called Rudolph's Tipsy Spritzer. Ok, the name is stupid, but it's delish, I swear. My cousin Katie recommends adding a cherry as a garnish to simulate Rudolph's nose.  Like the picture at the link, I served it in an old glass bottle. One could also make this sans vodka, if you're into that sort of thing....

As for Christmas loot, 2011 was the year of tea and tea-related accessories. I was gifted with the lovely Le Creuset tea kettle mentioned in my earlier post as well as a lifetime supply of tea from various friends.





I also received a loose-leaf teapot from Teavana along with a tin of Youthberry Wild Orange Blossom tea that is nearly impossible to open. 




However, it's well worth the effort as it both tastes and smells delicious.




Now I'm back to the grind, albeit with a freezer full of desserts and a kitchen's worth of new gadgets to test. This afternoon I'm making white bean and green chard soup using my new immersion blender (thanks Mom) and my new dutch oven (thanks Dad). 





No comments: