Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sundays At Moosewood With Emily

I don't say this often (ok, maybe I do) but man, I made a great meal tonight: Spicy Broccoli Soba Saute. When I was staying with my aunt in NYC last spring she made this for dinner one night with fried fish and I'm proud to say I managed to successfully recreate it.




I went with cod for the fish since it was on sale at Whole Foods, but flounder works as well. This recipe comes from the Sundays At Moosewood cookbook, Sundays being 'ethnic night' at the legendary natural foods restaurant. 




I'd strongly suggest making extra sauce to dip the fish in. So. Friggin'. Good. I even got all fancy with the ramekins. Also, notice the understated elegance of the plate. It's from my grandparents' china that I inherited and finally brought up from the basement. I feel like a real adult now!



No comments: