Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sandwich Day


I did a bad thing today.

Normally, I try not to be one of those people who act like eating food is a sin. Instead, I try to eat in moderation and stay away from certain things in general. I'm never going to be able to say no to a piece of cake. But, if I have some, maybe I won't have another for the rest of the week--or the day. Whatever.

But, today is different.

Today is different because I went to Brookline Spa.

It's a sandwich/pizza shop known for some pretty tasty, yet calorie-laden food. What I got was no exception. It's kind of funny, since it's the exact opposite of everything a spa is for. But, I suppose that's what sets it apart. If it was called Vinny's Sandwich Shop, I doubt I would have given it a second look.

I'm not a big sandwich person in general, but there are a select few that have a special place in my heart. This is one of them. The Goosey: turkey, swiss cheese, Russian dressing, and coleslaw grilled on marble rye.



Brookline Spa isn't the kind of place that goes easy on ingredients either. The first time I got this sandwich I was starving. So starving that I ate the whole thing as I walked home. Now, if I lived in the middle of nowhere, this would be no big deal. But, I don't. I walked through Brookline Village with Russian dressing and coleslaw all over my face. On purpose. And you know what? I'd do it again. I would.

No comments: