Saturday, May 28, 2011

Enjoy Your Government Sanctioned Holiday Weekend

Ah Memorial Day, the unofficial start to summer. Perhaps you're getting ready for a family bbq or heading out to the shore or the mountains or some other bucolic setting. Me? I'm hanging out in my super hot apartment in Boston doing laundry and watching stuff on Netflix Instant. Maybe I'll get a burrito later.


The Cape 2010....ah memories

This weekend is kind of a bust for me since tomorrow morning I'm taking a bus to NYC. Apparently, it's supposed to be 90 degrees on Monday. Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Big Apple action. But, there's a reason super rich people escape to The Hamptons in the summer. As my friend Elizabeth described it: "New York smells like garbage. In the winter, you don't really notice it. But in the summer? Oh man..."
It's ok though because there will be a couple of cute little kids excited to see me when I get there. I'm helping my aunt out for a week while my uncle is out of town on a job. I'm not sure how much posting I'll be able to do, but I definitely have a list of places I'd like to eat at/visit if I get the chance:

Crack Pie at Milk Bar

Anything at Babycakes

Pork Products at Fette Sau


Meanwhile, a couple of days ago James and I saw The Cars at the House of Blues. We were definitely among the youngest people there, which was fine 'cause the show rocked and I saw some pretty awesome baby boomer dance moves. Tip: If you get mezzinine seats, get there early unless you like watching the backs of dudes all night.

This was my view:

Really, really tiny Ric Ocasek and some guy's shoulder.

After the show we were pretty hungry, but the Fenway area isn't exactly known for good eats. I suggested we try to find Tasty Burger, this little retro-inspired burger joint that we had gone to the last time we saw a game. Thankfully, it was still open.
Apologies for the blurry camera phone pics...


They serve food until 2 am, which is a rarity in this town and the whole restaurant is housed in a really cool converted garage:

Not pictured: The grown man wearing a dog hat (yes) and a tie-dyed shirt. Best part? I think he was on a date.

You know this is a burger joint that means business when you're told everything is cooked to 'medium', like it should be. I had a jalapeno cheeseburger while James had a chili cheeseburger. We enjoyed our food under the comforting gaze of The Fonz, like it should be.


No comments: