Friday, November 18, 2011

Apple Brownies For James

Usually when James asks me to make him food it's something ridiculous that he just made up, like pizza burgers or hot dog soup. So when he asked me to make him apple brownies, I didn't take him seriously. Turns out it's a real thing. Being the good domestic partner that I am, I made him a batch yesterday.

I used Cortland apples, though any kind you prefer will do. Unless it's red delicious, because those are just gross.

                 

I may have gone a little overboard with the apples  (look at the size of that sack!) Really, three would be plenty.
                                


I substituted half agave nectar, half evaporated cane juice for the sugar and found the batter to be quite gluey. I was a little worried that I had messed up the whole thing...


But they came out beautifully and won't spike our blood sugar levels. Hooray!

No comments: