Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Decorating, Saver's Style Part Two

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and what am I doing? Why, hanging up photos of course! Luckily my aunts still host family gatherings every year, and even though my cousin Katie has been talking about it for the last decade, our take over of family holidays is still far off. So, I get to bum around and do things I don't normally have time for, like decorating! 

First up: The photo wall.

Ever since I moved in I've wanted to replace James' framed poster of Iron Maiden's Number of The Beast album cover with a wall  of photos and I've finally made that a reality. I liked the idea of mixing up different sized frames with a variety of photos. I'm proud to say that every frame on this wall was less than $3 and I took most of the photos myself. Thank you, Savers. 


 Here's a closer look: 

  
Clockwise from the top left: Stepping Stone Beach in San Diego, CA, my mother at age 5, Cedar Hill Cemetery, Hartford, CT, Postcard from The Folger Shakespeare Library, James as a member of his friend Victor's wedding, and the two of us in 2009. 

                                                          
Lastly, I managed to indulge in my rampant Anglophilia a bit by wedging this poster in between one of James' many tributes to the Sox. I feel like Keep Calm and Carry On is also a good life mantra.

I forgot how much I love decorating. I should probably try to do it more than once every three months.

No comments: