Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Leftovers: Fall Cold Edition


Here's what's been going on during my periods of Nyquil-induced consciousness:

School starts again tomorrow (thank GOD) and then I'm off to NYC on Friday for a weekend of fun with my bbfl Elizabeth and James, who will make his triumphant return to the city that never sleeps. 

I bought and ate my first persimmon this week. They're in season, fyi:

"The French treat the persimmon as a delicacy, eating it a la cuillere, or with a spoon, to scrape up the sensuous nectar. But eating a persimmon takes good timing and an eye for ripeness."~Amanda Hesse The Cook and The Gardener.

I'm also attempting to make the longer version of no knead bread. Cross your fingers.

                                  Shhh...the dough is sleeping

I made some pretty delicious chicken noodle soup before I got too sick and added fresh lemon juice. It was Alton Brown's idea

Ok. Time for tea and a movie.

No comments: