Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome, 2012


How was your NYE? Mine was epic in a 'Next year I'm playing Scrabble and drinking tea' kind of way, which is fine. In the words of Danny Glover playing that guy in Lethal Weapon, "I'm getting to old for this sh--"

The big take away from the night was that I should never wear heels to the bar. Even if it's just a once-a-year thing, I can't do it. It feels like I ran a marathon on Saturday night, except without the sense of pride or accomplishment.

Today after recounting our respective NYE highlights (ok, lowlights) with my friend Elizabeth we both came to the conclusion that our New Year's Resolution is: Just be different. 

"That sounds like a manageable goal," she said.

Really, that's what these resolutions are supposed to be, right?

Ok, but for seriously, I plan to spend more time this year on my 'career'. My personal life has definitely taken over ever since I got my Masters in 2010, which I suppose made sense at the time. Simply put, I was burnt out from school and didn't really care what I did work-wise. Now things are better. I feel more grounded and have had some good work experience. Now I just have to do something with it.

Also:

Join a gym for the winter
Find an agent for The Book
Live somewhere for a month
Get another personal essay published

What are your resolutions?

No comments: