Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest Finds: My New Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe



Pinterest, the latest internet fad that I have happily jumped on, is handy for many things: cataloging pretty dresses, creating travel bucket lists, or if you're crazy, planning weddings when you aren't even engaged. Or dating.  

I like it for the recipe ideas. We, of course, eat with our eyes first, so when I saw this picture of the most perfectly fluffy chocolate chip cookies, I knew I had to have them. The puffy cookies have always been my favorite, but I always thought one had to use Crisco to create that moist but airy consistancy. Nope. Apparently the trick is cornstarch. I broke out the big guns for this recipe, or rather the Kerrygold Irish butter. I can't say enough about how delicious these cookies came out. Well, I can, but I'll spare you.

I made a few adjustments to the recipe's directions, but here's the original if you're curious.

Fluffy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients: 
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened 
3/4 c. brown sugar 
1/4 c. granulated sugar 
1 egg 
2 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. all purpose flour 
2 tsp. cornstarch 
1 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
3.  In a separate bowl mix together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. 
4. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in small batches until completely blended. 
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6.  Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (I ended up baking these for closer to 12 minutes. Keep an eye on them.)
5.  Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Makes approximately 3 dozen.  Try not to eat them all.

No comments: