Saturday, June 9, 2012

Soup Saturday


Its been a while since I've gotten to spend the day cooking, because I'm just sooooo popular, but I had some time today and decided to make soup. I asked James what he preferred and he said "No lentil." Ok, fine. That's the last time I ask for his input.


Then I saw this recipe for roasted carrot soup on Food52, a website I don't visit as much as I should, that had rave reviews. Normally the idea of carrot soup wouldn't catch my eye, but I love the flavor of roasted vegetables and thought this could be a nice twist. I made kale chips as a side/garnish, which is my favorite way to make kale.


All you do is tear the leaves into smaller pieces, toss in olive oil and salt, then bake in the oven on 300 for about 20 minutes. I turned the leaves over about half way through to make sure they baked evenly. Now I'm full of carrots and kale. My body better appreciate it, especially since I plan on eating this giant whoopie pie later.

No comments: