Friday, July 6, 2012

Postcard From Mid-Cape


Last weekend James and I made the trip up to the Cape to pay Grandpa Sullivan a long overdue visit. He moved to Centerville about six years ago after marrying his lovely wife Fran and it's been nice getting to know the area. 

One of my favorite places is right down the road from their house, Four Seas Ice Cream. In addition to the standard offerings, they offer a bunch of unusual flavors. The last couple times I've wanted to try something called lemon crisp, but it's always sold out. Last time I ended up with frozen pudding (yum!) and this time it was fresh peach which was, of course, delicious.



My grandpa is kind of a big deal within the world of American political memorabilia and he gave us a little peak at some of his most prized possessions.


Grandpa's American commie buttons!


Since I grew up on PBS dramas, the Gorey house is one of my favorite tourist spots on the Cape, but sadly it was closed. It's just as well since their gift shop would have put a major dent in my wallet. 


A trip to the Cape wouldn't be complete without a plate of seafood from Osterville Fish Too. They had oysters on special that night!


All in all, it was a great mini vacation and I told my grandpa I was really glad he never retired to Florida.

Now it's time for a real vacation up North. Back in a few weeks!

No comments: