Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Asking Politely For Ice Cream

Ok, maybe this isn't the greatest ice cream picture in the world. I probably should have taken it inside before venturing out into the 90-something degree heat this afternoon. But still, you get the idea. I was talking with a student of mine from Kenya today and I asked him what kind of food he liked here:

"Ice cream. You Americans love ice cream. Every time it's offered, everyone says 'Yes!' 'Yes!'"

One could even say that we really do all scream for ice cream! ( I know, I'm hilarious) Anyways, later on I found myself passing by
Toscanini's in Central Square--informally known around these parts for having "The World's Best Ice Cream"-- so I decided to live up to my reputation and say yes. This is a mixed scoop of cocoa pudding and cake batter that was pretty darn good. The cocoa pudding was easily one of the best flavors I've ever had. It kind of reminded me of Herrell's chocolate pudding ice cream except, well, better. This is gonna sound weird but, it was almost a more sophisticated flavor--chocolate ice cream for grown ups. The cake batter was good too. It wasn't as sickeningly sweet as other cake batter flavors I've had (*cough* coldstone) and provided a nice balance to the cocoa pudding. It should also be noted that I inhaled this while walking down Mass Ave. Hey, it was either that or watch it melt all over my hands. Needless to say, I was pretty sure I walked around with some chocolate on my face for a little while, but possible public humiliation was a small price to pay.

No comments: