Thursday, July 29, 2010

When A Regular Baguette Just Isn't Good Enough...

Last Thursday I walked through the Prudential Center's Farmers Market on my way home from work. As usual, I was starving and wanted something I could eat on the run. Enter: Swiss Bakers. I decided on a pretzel baguette because, well, it looked pretty good. Luckily, I was right. That thing was gone by the time I passed The Cheesecake Factory. Now, I don't really know too much about Swiss food, other than museli and swiss chocolate almond ice cream, or how representative a pretzel baguette is of their cusine, but I do enjoy Swiss Baker's attempt to make me feel better about eating a loaf of pretzel. Their slogan is "Our food makes you feel good!" I can't really argue with that. Today while I was walking home I decided I needed another pretzel baguette. The sad part is I knew I wouldn't make it all the way to my apartment without taking a bite. That's when I discovered pretzel bites: basically half of a pretzel baguette. It was the perfect snack size. When I got home I used the baguette to make an egg sandwich so I could actually get some actual nutrients besides pretzel. Why I decided on a bite to eat on my walk and a baguette to eat when I got home though involves way too many issues than I'd really like to explore. All I can say is, you'd better enjoy that damn picture. I ate that for you!

No comments: