Sunday, October 10, 2010

Pumpkin Everything


Fall is my favorite season for many reasons: there's my birthday, the fact that I can wear tights again without sweating, the air has that delightful crisp smell, and everyone puts pumpkin in everything. Pumpkin donuts, pumpkin beer, pumpkin coffee, and now I can add pumpkin polenta to my list. Yep, that's right. Pumpkin polenta. I had a belated birthday dinner with my mother recently at Cavey's in Manchester where I enjoyed the beef short rib with pumpkin polenta pictured above. It was fantastic. I had never even heard of pumpkin polenta, but a brief internet search revealed a beavy of recipes. Man, this whole time I've been eating cheesy polenta like a chump! I've written about polenta before and noted that basically, the trick to making amazing at home polenta is to let it cook sloooowly for several hours. The longer it cooks, the better it gets. This sounds like a yummy recipe and one I plan on trying the next chance I get. My only suggestion is to cook it for around three hours instead of thirty minutes. You will be rewarded for your patience with a flavor explosion in your mouth. Maybe some other places too...

No comments: