Saturday, February 5, 2011

Postcard From The District: Lost On The Hill


I'm working on a post about Eastern Market but in the meantime here's one about another cafe I went to, Peregrine Espresso right near by. I'll admit, I was tempted at first to go into Le Pain Quotidien next door but decided to support a local business owner instead. Thank GOD I did because look how pretty they made my latte!


Also, they had cookie sandwiches. Mine was sugar cookie with seeded raspberry jam--because seedless jam is for losers.

Then I got completely lost while walking home thanks to the whole 'let's have different streets with the same name' thing D.C. has going on. Granted, there are far worse places to spend a sunny afternoon than Capitol Hill and I managed to see some very lovely row houses, but man that baby got pretty heavy after the second hour. Eventually, I made it home but I doubt my back will ever be the same.

A Street in SE when I needed to be in NE


It's easy for row houses to get monotonous, but I love how unique each house is.

No comments: