Sunday, January 2, 2011

Low-Rent Royal Cocktails

Ah, New Year's Eve--a time for gathering with friends in your best (or cheapest) dress and trying strange, new cocktail recipes. Oh. Is that just me? Last year it was bellinis, this year it was the crack baby, a champagne cocktail enjoyed by Prince William and Kate Middleton, the Royal equivalent of Brad and Jen (or is it Angelina? Only time will tell...) I happened across the drink a couple months ago during my daily perusal of celebrity gossip (shut up) and, despite the decidedly un-pc name, thought it sounded delightful! Now, I'm guessing Wills and Kate's crack babies aren't made with goya juice and svedka vodka, but hey--same results, right? Here's the recipe for my version.

4 oz passion fruit juice
1 oz vodka
4 oz prosecco (or champagne)

Some fun modifications include swapping mango juice or peach nectar for passion fruit and subbing whipped cream vodka for viking fjord (or whatever brand you use)

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

well Emily, now I've done everything! You made me check cool, and now there may be cyber bad guys, who think, I think, crack babies are cool! Well your blog is...