Friday, January 28, 2011

Ms. Sullivan Goes To Washington

Most of my time will involve some variation of this

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I was laid off from one of my teaching jobs back in December. As disheartening as this was for me, my newly unemployed status was a boon to my aunt and uncle. They desperately needed someone to help care for their 5 month old baby girl while my aunt sang in an opera in Washington D.C. My uncle couldn't go because of his singing gig in NYC, so they made me an offer I couldn't refuse: two weeks in D.C., all expenses paid, in exchange for nanny duties.

So, here I am in Washington D.C. for the next two weeks. We're staying in a cute little garden apartment on Capitol Hill within walking distance of a number of sites. That being said, between the exhaustion from traveling yesterday, the never-ending snow, and my nanny duties, I have yet to leave the house. However, I've done some research and have a whole list of things I want to do. I haven't been to D.C. since a seventh grade field trip, so there's a lot to revisit (Lincoln Memorial) but also discover (Library of Congress!!!) Uh oh...sounds like someone's up from their afternoon nap. More later!

No comments: