Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Postcard From Amtrak: New Haven > NYC

"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train"~Oscar Wilde

Ah, the train. There is no more sophisticated way to travel. So smooth, so quiet, so much room! As cousin Katie said, “Oh Emily, it’s going to change your life.”

I’ll admit. Taking the bus back to Boston is gonna be a tough one.

Tea, chocolate, and two seats to myself.

Taking the train from New Haven to NYC is always an experience. Filled with business men who never turn their phones off and negotiate deals between Bridgeport and Stamford. The closer we get to the city, the more frequent the phone calls, the more forceful the voices.

It’s a bit of a trip to admire the view of southern Connecticut, which has always felt like another country to me, or, at the very least, like something out of a movie. Oh. Right. This is what most people think Connecticut is like.

There’ll be another train ride tomorrow---which I assume will be filled with politicos instead of stockbrokers. Two weeks in the country's capitol? Yes, please!

No comments: