Friday, August 6, 2010

Summertime Tomato and Cucumber Salad

When it's this hot outside, I don't even want to look at the stove, much less use it. So I whipped up this tomato and cucumber salad yesterday with some heirlooms I picked up at the farmer's market. I don't know what the heck they did to the yellow tomatoes, but my God they were outstanding. As I mentioned before, I tend to eyeball ingredients a lot when I'm cooking and flavor to taste so this isn't an exact recipe.

1 lb heirloom tomatoes chopped
1 cucumber peeled and sliced
1 shallot thinly sliced
2-3 tbsp EVOO
1-2 tbsp white wine vinegar
S & P to taste

Basically, you mix everything together in a bowl then let it marinate for an hour or so. You can serve it with some hearty bread to soak up the juices. Freshly chopped parsley would also be a nice addition.

No comments: