Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Postcard From (Not) France: C'est La Vie

As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, there was the possibility that I may move to France. That's not gonna happen. So, like my literary soul mate Marianne Dashwood, I decided to deal with this heartbreak by gorging on France over the next few days just to show them/him/her/it/whatever that I deserve better, dammit!

I began by paying a visit to my favorite Parisian-style cafe: Le Petite France in West Hartford, CT. They have the best buttery, flakey croissants, chewy, airy baguettes, and eye-popping macaroons. The French-born owners have done a great job of bringing a little bit of Gallic flavor to the see-and-be-seen vibe of West Hartford Center.


During this visit I decided to try some of their savory filled croissants: Spinach & Cheese (pictured above) and Swiss. As you can see, there was plenty of filling to enjoy and though I may not have met any tortured artistes or ex-pats channeling Hemingway while there, I ended up taking a baguette home with me, which is probably better company anyway.


No comments: